Peer Tutor Responsibility Contract
As a Peer Tutor, I agree to adhere to the Skidmore Honor Code and following guidelines:
I hereby accept membership in the Skidmore College community and, with full realization of the responsibilities inherent in membership, do agree to adhere to honesty and integrity in all relationships, to be considerate of the rights of others, and to abide by the college regulations.
- When I receive approval to tutor, I will introduce myself to all faculty members who are currently teaching sections of the individual course or courses I have been approved to tutor.
- When a student contacts me for tutoring, I will get back to that student in a timely fashion (1-2 days) to schedule a tutoring session or to let the student know I cannot tutor him or her.
- I will never do the student's work for him or her.
- I will not assist a student on a take home exam.
- I will keep all information about the student whom I am assigned confidential.
- I will maintain accurate records of tutoring sessions by recording, completing and submitting my "Bi-Weekly Tutoring Session Reports" to Student Academic Services on time.
- I will also submit my hours in Student AutoTime in a timely manner and according to pay period end dates.
- I will not falsify the amount of hours I tutor a student or any other information regarding my tutee or tutoring sessions. Falsification will result in termination as a tutor. It is also an honor code violation.
- I will demonstrate respect for my student's cultural background and value system.
- I understand that my goal is to support students in developing the skills needed to achieve academic success.
- I will seek counsel from Student Academic Services if any problems arise.