Office: Filene 109
Office Hours Spring 2013:
Tuesday 1:00-2:00 pm
Wednesday 1:30-2:30 pm
Or by Appointment
- Ph.D., Art History, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 2011
- M.A., Art History, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 2006
- B.A., Art History, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 2003
Research and Teaching Interests
Valois France; Gift Economies; Ludic Studies; Romance Literature; Medieval Manuscripts; Early Modern Painting
- Survey of Western Art (AH 100)
- Late Antique, Early Medieval, and Byzantine Art (AH 232)
- Romanesque and Gothic Art (AH 233)
- Renaissance Europe (AH 241)
- The Art of Courtly Love (AH 351C)
- Seeing Sex in the Middle Ages (AH 351C)
- A Desire for Representation: Painting and Identity in Fifteenth Century France. Book manuscript in preparation.
- The Politics of Devotion: Patronage and the Sumptuous Arts at the French Court 1374-1472. Book manuscript in preparation.
Articles and Chapters
- “Le Temps Venra: Establishing Visual Legitimacy in the Petites Heures of Jean de Berry,” Comitatus 42 (September 2011).
- “Weaving Legitimacy: The Jouvenel des Ursins Family and Constructing Nobility in Fifteenth Century France,” Dressing the Part: Textiles as Propaganda in the Middle Ages, eds. Kate Dimitrova and Margaret Goehring (Turnhout: Brepols, forthcoming 2012).
- “Wicked Wives: The Animate Vulva, Social Satire, and Fear of a Female Pilgrim,” Athanor (2006).
Select Fellowships, Grants, and Honors
- Student Paper Prize, Medieval Academy of America, 2010
- Penelope Mason Dissertation Writing Fellowship, Florida State University, 2009
- Graduate Dissertation Research Grant, Florida State University, 2008
- Penelope Mason Doctoral Research Award, Florida State University, 2007