Instrument time can now be scheduled online using the calendar function of your Skidmore Microsoft Outlook account. Once you have the appropriate training for an instrument, the calendar for that instrument will be shared with you, and instructions for adding that calendar to your account will be provided.
To reserve time on an instrument:
- Log into Outlook on your desktop or on the web (http://outlook.com/skidmore.edu).
- Click on the "Calendar" button at the bottom left of the screen, and check the box next to the calendar for the instrument you wish to use.
- Double-click on the calendar to add your appointment.
- In the Subject box, include your name and userID so I can easily contact you in case of a problem with the equipment.
- Enter your start and end time. Be sure to include any necessary time for warm-up and data analysis. For portable instruments, include the full time you will be in possession of the instrument, and be sure to coordinate pick-up with the instrumentation manager.
- Make sure to uncheck the box for reminders, as reminders would be unnecessarily sent to everyone sharing the calendar.
- Click "Save and Close".