Lecturer of Education Studies
Office: Palamountain Hall, Room 214
Tel: (518) 580-5143
ED 213- The Exceptional Child in the Elementary School
- Ph.D., (in progress) Educational Psychology and Methodology, Special Education Leadership in RTI & PBIS, University at Albany
- M.S., Special Education with Behavior Modification concentration, University at Albany
- B.S., Special Education & General Education with Psychology concentration, College at Geneseo
RESEARCH AND TEACHING INTERESTS
Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders, Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports, Special Education Teacher Preparation Programs, Pedagogy, Andragogy
- Arcidiacono, M. B., Ficarra, L. R., Bak, N. L., & Ellis Robinson, T. (2011). Preparation of Doctoral Leadership Fellows to Deliver High Quality Evidence-Based Literacy Instruction to Pre-service Special Education Graduate Students. Presented at Teacher Education Division of the Council for Exceptional Children Conference: Austin, TX.
- Ficarra, L. R. (2010). Social Skills Development for Head Start Preschoolers. Paper presented at the Council for Exceptional Children State Conference: Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Ficarra, L.R. (2010). Social Skills Development in Head Start Programs. Graduate Poster Presentation, University at Albany: Albany, NY.
- Ficarra, L. R., & Bak, N. L. (2011). The Effectiveness of Small Group Direct Social Skills Instruction through a Literacy Medium on Social Skills, Problem Behavior, and Early Literacy Skills for Head Start Preschoolers, Graduate Poster Presentation, University at Albany: Albany, NY.
Facilitator of Roundtable Training and Discussion regarding Setting Expectations from the First Day of Class for annual Graduate Teaching Assistant Symposium through the Institute for Teaching, Learning and Academic Leadership Interactive Strategies Approach as RTI for literacy instruction for Master’s students Training of Master’s-level students regarding developing instructional sequences and lesson plans.
- Phi Delta Kappa
- Council for Exceptional Children