(518) 580 - 5150
(518) 580 - 5189
Office Location: Palamountain Hall, #313
815 North Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Academic Year: Monday--Friday, 8:30 AM-12:00 PM; 1:00-4:30 PM
Office Hours: Summer Hours: Monday--Thursday, 7:30 AM-5:15 PM, closed Friday
B.A., The State University of New York at New Paltz
Visiting Assistant Professor
Ph.D., Boston College
Office: Palamountain 333
Phone: (518) 580-5171
Teaching and Research Interests:
- Twentieth Century Poetry and Poetics
- Biographical Studies
- Literary Translation, Theory and Practice
- Thomas Hardy
- Bernard Malamud
- Elizabeth Bishop and Robert Lowell
- Literary Nonfiction
- EN 105: Adventures with Essays (and the People Who Write Them)
- EN 105: Profiles and Silhouettes
- "Ezra Pound and the Music of Imagism" in Essays on Imagism. Ed. John Gery, Daniel
- Kempton, and H.R. Stoneback. New Orleans, LA: University of New Orleans Press, 2013.
- "Reading Hemingway's Baudelaire." Literary Imagination 14.2 (2012): 237-244.
- "The Names of Rivers and the Names of Birds: Ezra Pound, Louis Agassiz, and the 'Luminous Detail' in Hemingway's Early Fiction." Hemingway Review 30.2 (Spring 2011): 36-53.
- "Reading Hawthorne's 'Failure' at the Wayside: The Uncanny Authorship of Septimius." Nathaniel Hawthorne Review 35.2 (Fall 2009): 67-83.