Key Features of Mathematica 8
Location: Palamountain Hall: Emerson Auditorium
Time: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Open to campus community only.
Speaker: Andy Dorsett, Wolfram Research
Key features of Mathematica 8.
This presentation illustrates capabilities in Mathematica 8 that are directly applicable for use in teaching and research on campus. Topics include:
* Free-form linguistic input * 2D and 3D visualization * Dynamic interactivity & on-demand scientific data * Example-driven course materials * Symbolic interface construction * Digital Image Processing, Parallelization, and Control Systems functionality
Current users will benefit from seeing the many improvements and new features of Mathematica 8 (http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/new-in-8/), but prior knowledge of Mathematica is not required.Sponsor:
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.