Robert O. Carr Lecture Series: "The Policy Environment"
Location: Palamountain Hall: Gannett Auditorium
Time: 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Jamie Rappaport Clark
"The Policy Environment: A presentation and discussion about science, policy, wildlife conservation and career opportunities featuring Jamie Rappaport Clark, president and CEO of Defenders of Wildlife”
Jamie Rappaport Clark, president and CEO of Defenders of Wildlife and former director of the US Fish and Wildlife Service, will explore the intersection between environmental science and public policy, providing insight into current issues as well as career opportunities.
The purpose of the Carr residency is to provide students and faculty alike with opportunities to interact with influential leaders and professionals, including policymakers, government officials, and business leaders, who are on the cutting edge of social issues, non-profit and public service innovations, and social responsibility, with a specific emphasis on helping Skidmore students think about the transition from college to the working world or to further studies. In addition to the presentation and discussion, Clark will be visiting selected classes and meeting with students.
Attendance Info: Free and open to the public. Reception to follow.
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.