Saratoga Dances II
Location: Arthur Zankel Music Center: Helen Filene Ladd Concert Hall
Time: 5:30 PM
The Dance Alliance presents an evening of Saratoga connections: the beauty of Yaddo, the sounds of Danielpour, and the talents of Skidmore combined in three dance offerings. New York City Ballet dancer and choreographer Justin Peck offers a Saratoga-centric world premiere performed to Nico Muhly's "Quiet Music," exploring the artist's relationship with his tools of expression. Next the "Enormous Room," set to movements from Mendelsohn's piano quartets, features the Hypersion String Quartet and pianist Carol Ann Elze-Sussdorff. "Swan Song," composed by Richard Danielpour and choreographed by Skidmore Dance Department Chair Debra J. Fernandez, utilizes the beauty of the Zankel center surroundings while depicting the pull between the world in front of us and the world just out of reach.
The Dane Alliance
Zankel Box Office
Attendance Info: Tickets: $18 adults, $14 seniors, $10 students, $8 children 12 and under
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.