The Workshop on the State of the European Union: 2012 (Day 1) - Day 2 on 11/2/12
Location: Palamountain Hall: Gannett Auditorium
11/01/2012 - 11/01/2012
Time: 8:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Speaker: Kevin Featherstone, Lily Gardner Feldman and David Armitage
Kevin Featherstone is professor of contemporary Greek studies and European politics at the London School of Economics. Presently a visiting scholar at Harvard's Center for European Studies, he has written extensively on the politics of the euro. Recently appointed by the Greek prime minister to the advisory committee on government reform, Featherstone is coauthor of "The Road to Maastricht: Negotiating Economic and Monetary Union" with Oxford University Press. He holds a doctorate in government from the University of Manchester.
Lily Gardner Feldman is senior fellow at the American Institute for Contemporary German Studies at Johns Hopkins University. Previously an associate professor of political science at Tufts University, she has published widely on international reconciliation, German foreign policy, and German-Jewish and German-Israeli relations. In 2012, Gardner Feldman published "Germany’s Foreign Policy of Reconciliation: From Enmity to Amity" with Rowman and Littlefield. She holds a doctorate in political science from MIT.
David Armitage is deputy national intelligence officer for Europe at the National Intelligence Council. Previously he worked in the State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research. Armitage, who teaches a seminar on European foreign and security policy at American University, is author of "A Comparative Analysis of US Policy Toward European Defense Autonomy: Enduring Dilemmas in Transatlantic Relations" with Mellen Press. He holds a doctorate in government and politics from the University of Maryland.
The discussion will be monitored by Professor Roy H. Ginsberg, Chair of the Government Department and Jean Monnet Chair in European Integration Studies.Sponsor:
Government Department and the European Commission
Attendance Info: Open to all.
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.