The Crisis of Zionism: Panel discussion featuring Peter Beinart
Location: Palamountain Hall: Gannett Auditorium
Time: 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Speaker: Peter Beinart
Peter Beinart is the featured speaker for the Fall 2012 Jacob Perlow Series. Beinart addresses politics, the presidency, elections, and the American Jewish establishment. The evening will feature a talk by Beinart on his latest book, "The Crisis of Zionism," and a panel discussion with Robert Boyers, English Professor and editor of "Salmagundi" magazine, and Jennifer Delton, professor of history. An audience question-and-answer period invites your participation. A reception and book signing will follow.
Peter Beinart is hailed as a wunderkind by peers, colleagues, and politicos. He is the associate professor of journalism and political science at the City University of New York, a senior political writer for "The Daily Beast-Newsweek," and a Schwartz senior fellow at the New America Foundation. Beinart burst onto the punditry scene immediately after graduating from Oxford in 1995. Since then, he has been editor of "The New Republic" magazine, written widely acclaimed books, and been a featured player on the television news circuit for his expertise and articulate analysis.
Office of the Dean of Special Programs
Tags: peter beinart
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.