Louis Perego Moreno, Raices Keynote Speaker
Location: Case Center: Spa
Time: 7:00 PM
Open to campus community only.
Louis E. Perego Moreno, a/k/a TIO LOUIE as a motivational speaker and documentary filmmaker. He was featured as one of New York’s top 25 Latinos by El Diario de la Prensa for his community work and most recently interviewed on radio concerning Minority Stereotypes in U.S. Media. Among his vast library of documentary work, I would like to offer your school community a speaking engagement that includes the screening of a 60-minute film, Latina Confessions (“What does it mean to be Latina in the U.S.?”). His greatest accomplishment as a filmmaker, TV Producer and educator was training 1,500 Latino and Black inner city youth over the course of a ten-year period to produce 70 documentary shorts on social, public and mental health issues, as well as featuring positive role models reflective of their community. For over 15 years he has incorporated his documentaries in presentations at colleges and universities throughout the United States.
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.