All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
Fruit Tree Workshop
Location: Tisch Learning Center: 202
Time: 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Adam Quist
Adam Quist will lead a workshop at Skidmore College which will cover the basics of caring for and managing your own fruit trees. He will show some of the tools and equipment necessary for doing this such as staking, pruning, spacing, grafting, and cross-pollination. He will also share information about rootstocks and how trees are dwarfed, and information about siting an orchard. He will also share the different types of fruit trees commonly grown in our area and some differences in growing the different types of trees. Lastly, he will share with us the common diseases and pests found in our region that will affect your fruit trees. Following his presentation in, Adam will demonstrate some staking and pruning techniques and allow for a hands-on learning experience at the Skidmore Student Garden with their recently planted apple and plum trees.
Attendance Info: 2:30 PM Presentation, 4-5 PM Hands-On Workshop at Skidmore Student Garden
Meet in Tisch 202 for the Presentation portion at 2:30 PM, and then we will head over to the Student Garden from there.
Please RSVP to email@example.com if you would like to attend. Please plan to bring a water bottle, work gloves, and boots/shoes if you plan to stay for the portion in the Student Garden.
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.