All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
First Visits to Haiti and Cuba
Location: Harder Hall: 203
Time: 7:00 PM
Speaker: Ray Bromley
Ray Bromley, Vice Provost for International Education & Professor of Geography and Planning, University at Albany, SUNY
Originally from Britain, and a naturalized US citizen, Ray Bromley has lived nine years in Latin America. He has traveled extensively in India, Indonesia and Nigeria, experienced the Communist heritage in China, Russia, and Eastern Europe, and seen the aftermaths of a massive earthquake in Huaraz (Peru), and the Lebanese Civil War.
Despite all these experiences, he had never visited Haiti or Cuba till August this year, when he made a ten-day trip to the two countries to build partnerships to support study abroad opportunities for U.S. students. Both countries provided some interesting surprises! Though they are on adjacent islands and very close to the United States, they are remarkably different from each another.
Abundantly illustrated with pictures, this presentation provides first impressions and background interpretation, as well as a comparison of two countries with similar climates and sharply contrasting histories.Sponsor:
Latin American Studies
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.