All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
The Beehive Design Collective: "The True Cost of Coal"
Location: Case Center: The Spa
Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Beehive Design Collective
Come view the Beehive Collective's amazing new portable mural called the "The True Cost of Coal" and a discussion.
They are internationally known for their narrative-based community activism and we are lucky to have them come to talk to us about a huge environmental injustice close to home that many people do not know much about.
In 2008, the Beehive Design Collective allied with Appalachian grassroots organizers fighting Mountain Top Removal Coal Mining, a highly destructive practice that blasts ancient mountains into toxic moonscapes to fuel the ever-growing global demand for electricity. This graphic reflects the complexity of the struggles for land, livelihood, and self-determination playing out in Appalachia, while honoring the tremdendous history of organized resistance and the courage of communities living in the shadow of Big Coal
During the presentation, the Bees will explain their image, interweaving facts, anecdotes and stories collected from first-hand interviews with Appalachian citizens. Two years in the making, "The True Cost of Coal" is a complex tapestry that explores not only the actual process of mountaintop mining for coal, but also the effects the mining has on the communities it surrounds.
Snacks will be provided.
EAC and the Speaker's Bureau
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.