All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
"The Elusiveness of Adulthood"
Location: Murray-Aikins Dining Hall: 2nd floor
Time: 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Open to students only
Speaker: Rev. Frank Strasburger, former Princeton chaplain
On Tuesday, Nov. 15, former Princeton chaplain Frank Strasburger will make a presentation and lead a dialogue about "The Elusiveness of Adulthood." The program is preceded by dinner at 5:30 p.m. (free, optional) in the Test Kitchen of Murray-Aikins Dining Hall followed by 6:30 p.m. presentation and dialogue on the 2nd floor of Murray-Aikins with dessert, coffee, etc.
Frank Strasburger brings fresh insight to the subject of growing up based on having been the Episcopal chaplain at Princeton University for more than a decade and subsequently serving on the staff of Trinity Church in Princeton, N.J. He was the founding President and remains an active emeritus trustee of "Princeton in Africa," a national fellowship organization that offers year-long service opportunities for recent college graduates in partnership with nonprofit agencies all over Africa.
For three years, Frank served as an elected member of the Princeton Regional School Board. Retired now, he serves on a number of nonprofit boards, teaches writing to high school seniors in an alternative high school program, and is a mentor in a program for troubled teens. Frank's son Taylor graduated from Skidmore in 2011. Expect a lively interchange around what it means to be an adult today and how to avoid spending half your life getting there.
Sponsored by the Religious and Spiritual Life Office, the Community Service Programs Office, and Career Services.Sponsor:
Religious and Spiritual Life, Career Services, Community Outreach Office
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.