All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
Film Showing: "Brunswick" by Nate Simms
Location: Filene Music Building: Filene Recital Hall
Time: 7:00 PM
Open to campus community only.
"Brunswick" is a film about landscape change, told through the personal story of a farmer’s lifelong connection to his now-threatened land. The film weaves together the plight of Sanford Bonesteel, a farmer in his 90s, with the dynamics of small-town politics as a residential development is planned on Sanford’s former land.
The film takes place in Brunswick, N.Y., a small country town facing the challenge of balancing economic growth with the preservation of its rural character. It is a story both specific to Brunswick and yet recognizable to rural communities all over the United States.
About the filmmaker: After spending several years as a still photographer, Nate Simms became involved in documentary filmmaking. With film, he found a new medium for his ongoing interests in natural landscapes and land conservation. Simms continues to focus particularly on land use issues in Rensselaer County. A graduate of Middlebury College in Vermont, he has lived in New York’s Capital District for most of his life. Simms is currently the men's tennis coach at Skidmore.
Office of Leadership Activities
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.