There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
"Behind the Beautiful Forevers"—Parent Book Discussion
Location: Bolton Hall: 280
10/20/2012 - 10/20/2012
Time: 10:45 AM - 11:45 AM
"Behind the Beautiful Forevers" examines life in Annawadi, a “place where government priorities and market imperatives create a world so capricious that to help a neighbor is to risk your ability to feed your family, and sometimes even your liberty.” In this session, first-year students lead a discussion of this assertion with parents who have read the book.
With Barbara Black, associate professor of English, Pat Oles, associate professor of social work, Sheldon Solomon, professor of psychologySponsor:
Office of the First-Year Experience
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.