All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
Speakers Bureau Keynote: Gloria Steinem
Location: Arthur Zankel Music Center
Time: 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Gloria Steinem
Skidmore College Speakers Bureau proudly welcomes American feminist, journalist, political activist Gloria Steinem as our key note for the 2012-13 academic year. In her talk entitled "The Longest Revolution," she will discuss the social movements of the past 4 decades and politics of gender, the economic power of the female and minority consumer market, and workplace issues.
Steinem is nationally recognized as a leader of, and media spokeswoman for, the women's liberation movement in the late 1960s and 1970s. One of the founders of Ms. Magazine, the first magazine to offer a woman's viewpoint on political, social, cultural, religious and other issues, she has helped organize the National Women's Political Caucus, the Women's Action Alliance and the Coalition of Labor Union Women. She also established MS Foundation for Women, an organization dedicated to helping underprivileged women. Additionally, she has written five books, and has been a contributor to many publications.
Tickets are free for the Skidmore community and can be picked up at the Zankel Box Office.
The lecture will also be simulcast in Gannett Auditorium.Sponsor:
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.