There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
"Opener 24 Carrie Moyer: Pirate Jenny"
Location: Tang Teaching Museum
01/26/2013 - 05/19/2013
Time: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
"Opener 24 Carrie Moyer: Pirate Jenny" For the past two decades, Carrie Moyer's paintings have boldly merged political imagery, abstraction, and unapologetic visual pleasure. Complex and seductive, her paintings layer overlapping, biomorphic forms, vibrant colors, and a diversity of textures.They are also richly loaded with a range of historical, stylistic, and physical references that include Color Field, Social Realist, and Surrealist paintings, 1960s and '70s counterculture graphics, 1970s feminist art, and bodily forms and fluids.
Attendance Info: Closed Mondays and major holidays Tang hours: Tuesday-Sunday noon-5 p.m. Winter hours: open late on Thursday until 9 p.m. (September-May) Suggested donations only
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.