There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
"Lincoln's Moral Revolution"
Location: Scribner Library: Pohndorff Room
Time: 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Speaker: Danilo Petranovich
Danilo Petranovich has taught at Yale as a Lecturer and at Duke as a visiting assistant professor from 2008 to 2010. His research has focused on the history of American political thought, with a special focus on American national culture and Abraham Lincoln as a nation-builder. His two forthcoming articles are "Lincolnís New Nationalism" (Yale, 2011) and "Lincolnís Biblical Oratory and the Coming of the Civil War" (with Matthew Holbreich). Some of his other research interests are reflected in the edited volume "Identities, Allegiances, Affiliations" (Cambridge, 2007, with Seyla Benhabib and Ian Shapiro), and "The Reagan I Knew" (Basic, 2008, with William F. Buckley, Jr.).
Government Department and Student Speakers Bureau
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.