All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
"New Age Imperialism: A Crisis in Pan African Conscience" with Dhoruba Bin Wahad, Black History Month Keynote Speaker
Location: Palamountain Hall: Gannett Auditorium
Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Dhoruba Bin Wahad
Dhoruba Bin Wahad is an American activist and writer. He was a field secretary in the New York chapter of the Black Panther Party (BPP) from 1968 to 1969. After being forced underground, he became co-founder and active member of the Black Liberation Army. As a veteran of the BPP and a 19-year political prisoner, he continues his work as a political activist with works that involve a meticulous analysis of the current state of Black affairs as it relates to raising consciousness about the history and current affairs of imperial domination. He advocates for the awareness of the global convergence and for outspoken opposition to the US militarization of Africa. Bin Wahad is a freedom fighter concerned with strategizing new ways to combat the national elites who collaborate to oppress the poor and hungry of the planet. In his lecture "New Age Imperialism: A Crisis in Pan African Conscience" he will explore the different facets of the issue rendering the imperative of student participation and activism in the unfolding of these current events. UJIMA, Hayat, United Minds & OSDP sponsor Dhoruba Bin-Wahad as their keynote speaker to deliver the lecture for Black History Month.
Ujima, Hayat, Office of Student Diversity Programs, Intercultural Studies, Social Work, & United Minds
Attendance Info: Free and open to all.
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.