All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
Lecture by Marion Nestle
Location: Palamountain Hall: Gannett
Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Marion Nestle
Marion Nestle is the Paulette Goddard Professor in the Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health at New York University, which she chaired from 1988-2003. She also holds appointments as Professor of Sociology at NYU and Visiting Professor of Nutritional Sciences at Cornell. Her degrees include a Ph.D. in molecular biology and an M.P.H. in public health nutrition, both from the University of California, Berkeley. She has held faculty positions at Brandeis University and the UCSF School of Medicine. From 1986-88, she was senior nutrition policy advisor in the Department of Health and Human Services and managing editor of the 1988 Surgeon General's Report on Nutrition and Health . Her research examines scientific, economic, and social influences on food choice. She is the author of three prize-winning books: Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition and Health (2002; paperback 2003; revised edition, 2007), Safe Food: Bacteria, Biotechnology, and Bioterrorism (2003; paperback 2004), and What to Eat (2006; paperback 2007).
SNAC (Skidmore Nutrition Action Council)
Tags: marion nestle
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.