All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
The Greatest Silence: Rape in the Congo
Location: Palamountain Hall: Gannett Auditorium
Time: 8:00 PM - 9:45 PM
Speaker: Lisa F. Jackson
The Greatest Silence: Rape in the Congo Documentary Screening & Discussion with the DIRECTOR, Lisa F. Jackson Monday, March 29th @ 8pm Gannett Auditorium
Join us for a screening of the documentary "The Greatest Silence: Rape in the Congo" followed by a discussion with the film's director, Lisa F. Jackson, as we raise awareness of the current situation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and the use of rape as a weapon of war.
Winner of the 2008 Sundance film festival's special jury prize for documentary, the film exposes the war that has been going on for over a decade. Ms. Jackson interviews numerous community members including militia and rape survivors to try to uncover the mentality behind the fighting and gruesome war tactics. "Since 1998 a brutal war has been raging in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Over 4 million people have died. And there are the uncountable casualties: the many tens of thousands of women and girls who have been systematically kidnapped, raped, mutilated and tortured by soldiers from both foreign militias and the Congolese army.
The world knows nothing of these women. Their stories have never been told. They suffer and die in silence. In The Greatest Silence these brave women finally speak. "
For more information, please see: http://thegreatestsilence.org/
This event is brought to you by the Center for Sex & Gender Relations, and is co-sponsored by FAN, Speaker's Bureau, OSDP, SPSC, Benefaction, & the Gender Studies, International Affairs, & Government departments.
Center for Sex & Gender Relations
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.