All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
Holocaust Memorial Day - A conversation with Jennifer Roy
Location: Case Center: Intercultural Center
Time: 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Speaker: Jennifer Roy
A conversation with Jennifer Roy Author of the award winning book, Yellow Star Syvia is a young Jewish girl living in Poland. When the Nazis invade, Syvia's family is forced to move into the Lodz Ghetto. For the next five-and-a-half years Syvia, her parents, and sister Dora struggle to survive horrific conditions and Nazi brutality. Yellow Star is based on the true story of Jennifer Roy's aunt Syvia's childhood in the Lodz Ghetto. While a quarter of a million Jews entered the ghetto, only 800 were left alive when liberation came in 1945. Twelve of them were children. Jennifer Roy's aunt Syvia was one of those children.
Yellow Star provides readers a rare look at family life inside the Lodz Ghetto. Syvia's story is profoundly moving, suspenseful, uplifting, and even humorous at times. And it really happened.
Ms. Roy won the following awards for her book. A 2006 Boston Globe-Horn Book Award 2007 Sydney Taylor Book Awards Honor Book 2007 ALA Notable Children's Book 2006 National Jewish Book Awards Finalist 2006 School Library Journal Best Book 2006 The New York Public Library "100 Titles for Reading and Sharing" Starred Reviews: Publishers Weekly Booklist, School Library Journal VOY.
This conversation is a part of the Religious Life Dialogues that are co-sponsored by the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life and the Office of Jewish Student Live and Interfaith Programming.
As with all of our dialogues, there will be a light vegetarian meal served.Sponsor:
Office of Jewish Student Life and Interfaith Programming
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.