All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
Hudson River Undergraduate Mathematics Conference
Location: Dana Science Center
Time: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Open to campus community only.
The HRUMC is a one-day mathematics conference held annually each Spring semester at rotating institutions, and attended by students & faculty from various universities, colleges, & community colleges in New York & New England (so far!.) The first meeting was held in 1994 at Siena College in Loudonville, NY. The conference features short talks by students & faculty and a longer invited address by a noted mathematician. Lunch & other light refreshments are served.
The goal of the HRUMC is to provide undergraduates with the experience of attending and/or presenting at a professional mathematics meeting designed primarily with the student in mind. We hope to establish at the conference an atmosphere that sends the message welcome to the mathematics community!
In light of this goal, we solicit student & faculty talks, scheduling them in concurrent sessions (organized by topic, as at AMS meetings.) In particular, many sessions feature talks by both students and faculty. There are talks which appeal to specialists as well as talks which are accessible to first & second-year students. Some talks describe original research done by faculty, students, or by students in collaboration with faculty, while others are more expository in nature.
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.