All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
Skidmore Music Faculty Celebration
Location: Arthur Zankel Music Center
Time: 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Speaker: Jennifer Higdon
Pre-concert talk and Q&A with Pulitzer- and Grammy-winning composer Jennifer Higdon at 7 PM.
Featuring the world premiere of Flute Poetic, for flute and piano, by Jennifer Higdon.
An eclectic showcase of the rich and wide-ranging talents of Skidmore's music faculty, featuring works by Villa-Lobos, Vinci, and Vaughan Williams, plus Higdon, Handel and Head, as well as Barber and Bolcom, and not to mention Piazzolla, Gershwin, and Castelnuovo-Tedesco.
Performed include Pola Baytelman, Jan Vinci, Anne Zwick Turner, Joel Brown, Michael Emery, John Nazarenko, Mark Vinci, Evan Mack, Rich Syracuse, Mark Foster, Randall Ellis, Michelle McLoughlin, Richard Hihn, and Ann Alton.
"If there were such a title as 'The People's Composer' in this country, Jennifer Higdon would be on the short list for receiving it. She is a composer in love with composing." -The Baltimore Sun
*This is part of the Filene Concert Series
TICKETS ARE FREE AND ARE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC FRIDAY, 10/29.
Filene Concert Series
Zankel Box Office
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.