All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
Lecture: "FEDICAMP Re-Greening Northern Nicaragua"
Location: Palamountain Hall: Emerson Auditorium
Time: 7:00 PM
Speaker: Miguel Marin and Jim Burchell
Miguel ángel Marín Vásquez, President of FEDICAMP, and Jim Burchell, Director of PeaceWorks in New Jersey, will speak on their organization's involvement with rural Nicaraguan communities, emphasizing the environmental, community development and gender issues faced in this third-world country.
PeaceWorks is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization that works to aid the peoples of the Americas and support progressive change by empowering people to act for justice throughout the Americas. PeaceWorks has sponsored Miguel Marin's visit to the United States to help inform the public of FEDICAMP's work first hand. FEDICAMP is a Nicaraguan nonprofit organization founded in February, 2002 that promotes the holistic development of rural communities through the implementation of sustainable programs and projects. FEDICAMP seeks the full and long-term participation of families as their principal vehicle of the social development process. FEDICAMP fosters agricultural development by promoting programs and projects on sustainable agriculture, food security and the environment, that expand peoples' livelihoods and diet. They achieve this by developing technical, methodological and organizational capacity among community leaders and organizers through a "peasant to peasant" peer learning approach.
Environmental Science and Latin American Studies
Kim Delli Paoli
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.