All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
Career Jam 2011
Location: Case Center: 2nd Floor & Ladd 206 & 307
Time: 2:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Open to campus community only.
Speaker: Various Parents & Alumni
* 2-5 p.m., miniclasses on improving your resume, interviewing skills, and job search strategy
* 3-4:30 p.m., Networking with mentors
* 4:30 p.m., the return of the Shark Tank Competition for the Parents Council Summer Funded Internship Award, Faculty Staff Club, 2nd Floor Case Center
Watch the five chosen finalists presentations vying for paid internship scholarships
Parents Council & Career Services
Attendance Info: Mini-Seminars offered from 2 to 5 p.m. include:
2 p.m.: "Entrepreneurship: How to Create Your Own Job with Dan Cox, Parent of Julia '12
3 p.m.: "The Art & Science of Networking" with Allison Kupfer '00 4 p.m.: "Mock Interviews: Practical Interviewing Do's and Don'ts" with Cathy and Guy Gronquist, Parents of Elizabeth '11
2 p.m.: "How to Sell the Value of Your Liberal Arts Education to a Prospective Employer" with Sharon Simmons, Parent of Terence '12
3 p.m.: "Star Stories: How to Shine During an Interview" with Professor Paul Calhoun
4 p.m.: "How to Write a Resume & Interview Successfully from an Employer's Perspective" with Elizabeth Worthington '84
Please RSVP through CareerLink if you plan on attending a workshop. Drop-Ins are also welcome on the day of the event.
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.