All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
Changing Chocolate: Indigenous Cooperatives in Ecuador
Location: Palamountain Hall: Davis Auditorium
Time: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Open to campus community only.
Speaker: Judy Logback and Kallari Chocolate Representative
You can experience a flavorful journey into the world of gourmet dark chocolate in this blind tasting of chocolates.
This educational and sensory-stimulating lecture helps you learn to distinguish chocolate notes, discern roasting techniques and recognize origins. You will savor gourmet chocolates from around the world during the session, meanwhile learning to develop control of the palate and texture identification. The audience will gain familiarity with the numerous stages in cocoa production and bean preparation from an Amazon cocoa grower.
Then, an experienced chocolatier will talk about the regional flavors of cocoa beans, the process involved in chocolate making, and the economic impact of the world's third most important commodity. Farmer-owned chocolate bars processed nearby in the cocoa groves will be matched up against the top-rated leading gourmet, fair trade, and organic dark chocolates in a blind tasting that will challenge even experienced chocoholics.
Kallari Chocolate is the only world-class dark chocolate made by indigenous farmers who are 100% owners of their own line of chocolate bar. Human rights campaigns, environmental researchers, and discerning food critics have praised the Kallari line of organic gourmet bars.
Sustainable Skidmore, International Affairs, Speakers Bureau, Management & Business, Latin American Studies, Intercultural Studies, Environmental Studies, Office of Student Diversity Programs
Attendance Info: Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for this event.
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.