Students majoring in geosciences are required to:
1. Fulfill the general College requirements.
2. Complete the following:
* GE 101
* Either GE 102 or GE 112
* GE 216
* GE 304
* GE 377
* An approved course in GIS
* Two additional 200-level courses
* Two additional 300-level courses
* One additional GE course at the 200- or 300-level
* One year of General Chemistry
* One year of Calculus (or the equivalent)
In cooperation with the advisor, a student majoring in geosciences should construct a program to include a broad knowledge of the geosciences in general, as well as specific knowledge of one area of geosciences in greater depth. GE 371 is strongly recommended for students who intend to pursue graduate studies or a career in the field.
: To be recommended for honors in geosciences, students must meet the college requirements of a grade-point average of 3.0 and a 3.5 in the major. Students must also earn at least an A- in GE 371 thereby demonstrating superior accomplishment in the major.