Add a Google Map to your page
Google allows you to add maps to web pages (as shown at the bottom of this page). Follow these steps to add a map to your site.
- Go to Google Maps and create the map you want to embed. Click on the "Link" icon near the top right of the map, and copy the text from the "Paste HTML..." box.
- Alternatively, you can click on the "Customize and preview..." link to create a map of a custom size. The embed code will display on the bottom of the customization popup. (Max. width for a full CMS page is 525, max. width for a page with right column is 355).
- When you've got your code, minimize the Google Maps tab.
- In the CMS, go to the page where you wish the map to reside.
- Get into author mode.
- Add a Custom Script element (video).
- Click the Click to insert new element link.
- Select the Miscellaneous Element category.
- Pick Custom Script from the list.
- To define the Custom Script Element, click Click here to define the Custom Script element.
- Type /www/customcf/google/maps.cfm in the Explicit Module textbox under the Properties tab.
- Click the Parameters tab to enter the necessary variables for the plugin. (Make sure there are no spaces on either side of the '=')
mapCode=HTML embed code provided by google maps under the link option.
- Click Finish.
- Publish your changes.