Add a Custom Script Element to the page
Customize the Custom Script Element
- Click the Click Here to insert new element link on the page where you want the Blog Feed plugin.
- Select Miscellaneous Elements from the list of categories when the Element Gallery window appears.
- Choose Custom Script from the list of items under Miscellaneous Elements.
- The page will refresh to include the link, Click here to define the Custom Script element.
- Click the Click here to define the Custom Script element link to open the Custom Script Element Window.
- Make sure the Properties tab is selected at the top of the window.
- Copy /www/customcf/video/youtube.cfm into the textbox under the Explicit Module header.
- Click the Parameters tab at the top of the Custom Script Element window to customize how the widget will look.
- Enter the variables listed below to customize your widget in the large textbox in the Parameters tab.
- channelName=[string] The channel user name found in the channel's URL. Defaults to skidmoreCollege.The channelName is not used for a playlist.
example: SkidmoreCollege is the user name for http://www.youtube.com/user/SkidmoreCollege.
- playlistID=[string] The playlistID is found in the playlist URL. There is no default. If it is not included, the widget will default to the main skidmoreCollege channel.
example: The bold section in the following URL is the playlist ID. You can include the PL if you are unsure. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL843F6E1F409108DD&feature=plcp
- videoWidth=[number] Width for the entire video widget. Defaults to 450.
- thumbCount=[number] The number of video thumbnails below the main video. Defaults to 4.
- align=[right|left] Push the video to the right or left of the page and have text wrap around the other side. Turned off by default.
- marginBot=[number] Padding to be placed after the widget for spacing. Defaults to 4.
- Once your settings are made, click Finish.
- Publish your changes.