Present: Michael Arnush, Sue Bender, Phil Boshoff, Steve Hoffman, Allison Kupfer, Emily Levy, Chris McGrath, Jon Ramsey, Amelia Rauser, Anita Steigerwald.
The Meeting began at 9:00 am, President's Conference Room
The Council approved the minutes for the previous meeting.
1. Overseas Study:
Opportunities for Honors Forum students planning to study Abroad:
- Students may nominate a course to the Honors Council with appropriate Skidmore faculty support.
- The Skidmore faculty member to be responsible for grading
- Prior to departure, students agree to the contents of a portfolio, which must receive approval from a faculty member.
2. Course Proposal to CEPP:
HF271/272: Honors Independent Study
- For Fall '99
- An independent research or project opportunity for qualified first year or sophomore members of the Honors Forum.
- The Honors Independent Study may not be substituted for available honors courses.
- The Honors Council will have ground rules for the students proposing independent studies.
Course and Catalogue Revisions
- HF100/200/300: Honors Project
- Rationale: On a limited basis, the Honors Council will entertain proposals from an honors Forum Student and his or her instructor for a special project within a regular course offering at the 100/200 or 300 level.
Michael will do a final draft to be submitted to CC.
3. Andrew Cencini's proposal for Independent Study:
The Council was unclear as to why other Honors courses weren't pursued by Andrew, and so the proposal is still under review.
The meeting was adjourned at 10.00 am - next meeting scheduled for Wednesday, November 18 at 9am, PCR.