Present: Michael Arnush, Sue Bender, Phil Boshoff, Allison Kupfer, Emily Levy, Chris McGrath, Jon Ramsey, Amelia Rauser, Anita Steigerwald.
The Meeting began at 9:00 am, President's Conference Room.
1. The Council approved the minutes for the previous meeting.
2. Constitution of HFC- S'99
Michael announced that Steve Hoffman has chosen to resign from the Council. The Council would like to thank Steve wholeheartedly for his support over the past year. The Council will seek a new faculty member to replace Steve for the Spring. The Honors Council also thanked our students on the Council, particularly Allison Kupfer '00 (who will be studying in Washington, DC, this spring) and Emily Levy '99 (who is undecided about her spring commitment), for their great support, . Future student representatives will be selected from the Honors Forum student body.
3. Evaluation Forms:
- Two sets of evaluation forms were created:
(A)- Anita and Jon created a form for the Activity Record Assessment evaluation which was submitted to the Council for discussion and approval.
- The forms will be distributed to the Honors Forum members at the Gala event on Friday, December 11 and will be due by December 18 to Anita Steigerwald.
- Michael will be sending out an email to make it clear that the activity record will be entered into the student files and will be reviewed and maintained by the Honors Council as part of its overall Honors Forum assessment.
(B) Sue and Amelia R. created the form for Honors Course evaluation.
This form was modified and approved by the Council. This evaluation will be used to gauge the success of existing honors courses, and to advise faculty designing new honors courses in the future. Forms will be handed out next week in class. Michael will notify the faculty by email that these forms were coming out and that these forms are different from the faculty personnel evaluations. Phil suggested we have a 'tear away name' section on the form.
The Council has approved Andrew Cencini's request to count the three-credit independent study in Computer Science towards his honors requirements.
HF Logo: College Relations will be working towards completing the Logo for early Spring.
For next meeting:
- Academic Festival
The meeting was adjourned at 10:00 am.