Present: Michael Arnush, Phil Boshoff, Fran Hoffman, Emily Levy, Chris McGrath, Rory McVeigh, Jon Ramsey, Amelia Rauser, Anita Steigerwald.
The Meeting began at 9:00 am, Faculty/Staff Lounge.
Meeting to review course proposals for Fall 1999 semester.
- The Tom Lewis/Larry Hott presentation on "Divided Highways" was a success.
List of proposals to HFC:
- 1. AH265 - History of Modern Design - Katie Hauser - Approved
Designate course as HF and add one credit as the Honors component as HF 200 Honors Forum Workshop.
- 2. BI190 - Population Biology - Monica Raveret-Richter - Approved
- 3. CH107 - Intensive General chemistry - Vasantha Narasimhan - Approved Repeat course
- 4. EC104 - Intro to Microeconomics - Sandy Baum - Approved Repeat course
- 5. ED200 - Child Development & Learning - Ruth Andrea Levinson - Approved Designate course as HF and add one credit as the Honors component as HF200 Honors Forum Workshop.
- 6. EN105H - Expos. Writing: Honors- Barbara Black/Linda Simon - Approved Designate course as HF with same number of credits
- 7. EN211 - Fiction - Linda Simon - Approved
- 8. EN303 - Peer Tutoring in Expos. Writing - Phil Boshoff - Approved
- 9. FF221 - 20th C. Literature - Lynne Gelber - Approved
- 10. FL263 - Fantastic in Fiction - Jon Anzalone Repeat course- Approved John to decide whether this is a 1 hour add-on or full course.
- 11. FS203 - Intens. Int. Spanish - Paty Rubio - Approved Designate course as HF and add one credit as the Honors component
- 12. GE113 - Dangerous Earth - Richard Lindemann & Kathy Cartwright Repeat course
- 13. HI221 - American History to Civil War - Jennifer Delton - Approved Designate course as HF and add one credit as the Honors component as HF 200 Honors Forum Workshop
The Council needs to get back to Jennifer to clear up 2 issues:
- - the level of the students' engagement
- - ways to assess the type of work the students will be doing to make
- 14. HI222 - American History Since the Civil War - Jennifer Delton On Hold.
- 15. ID 202 - LS1 Peer Tutoring - Michael Marx Repeat course.
- 16. MA111H - Calcullus 1 - David Vella Repeat course
- 17. PH103 - Intro to Philosophy - Frank Gonzalez Et Al - Approved To be offered every semester.
- 18. SO101 - Sociological Persp. - Rory McVeigh - Approved Repeat course.
All courses that were offered Fall '98 will be offered this coming Fall.
Other courses to be discussed via email:
- AN101N - Introduction to Cultural Anthropology - Michael Ennis-McMillan
- BI275 - Intro to Biological Research
- CL220 - Classical Mythology - Leslie Mechem
- MAXXX - Problem Solving - David Vella
- PY1XX - Images of Science in society - David Atkatz.
The Meeting adjourned at 10:00 am, next meeting to be announced via email.