History Colloquium Projects
FALL 2006 HI 375
1) Zak Anolic -"Hidden by the Holocaust, Immigration Policies take their toll"
2) W. Travis Cabral - "Self-Censorship and the Limits of Free Speech: Reactions to the Jyllands-Posten Muhmad Cartoons"
3) Abby Cohen - "Hatred, Contemps, Fear, and Sorrow: French Resistance through Cinema:
4) Jessye Joyce - "Torn Between Religion and Revolution: An Examination of Camilo Torres' Contribution to Latin American Liberation Theology"
5) Evan Samuels - "Partitioning the Middle East: British Policy and False Hopes for an Independent Syria, 1914-1920"
6) Jason Shemenski - "The Collapse of a Republic: A Historical Analysis of the Fall of Yogoslavia"
7) Matt Ward - "Asylum Abandoned: British Immigration Policy and the Refugee Response, 1933-1939"
SPRING 2006 HI 375D
1)Andrew Bernstein - "Penicillin and the Myth of Alexander Fleming"
2) Jeffrey Feild - "Justice Re-Imagined: Shifting Conceptions of International War Crimes Tribunals"
3) Daniel B. Feintuck - "Terrifying Neglect: The Story of the Sinti and Roma during the Holocaust"
4) Joanna Humphrey - "The Grimm Brothers and their Tales: The Foundations for a Unified Germany"
5) Joshua Hutchinson - "The French Enlightenment and China: Voltaire, Montesquieu and their Conception of China"
6) Fatimah Mahdi - "Thomas Skidmore: An American Missing Link"
7) Eban Miller - "The Third Crusade from 1189-1192"
8) Karden Rabin - "Richard the Lionhart, Gay?"
9) Kyle Williams - "Ambiguous History"
1) Forrest Anderson - "Flying the Unfriendly Skies: Post-War Allied Agreements and German Aviation's Revival Despite Them"
2) Patrick Casey - "Rebirth of a Myth: Serbian Death and Resurrection in Post-Tito Yugoslavia"
3) Kaelyn Doodley - "1945:Year Zero: Germany's Liberation and Defeat Under Allied Occupation"
4) Oscar Everts - "The SPD State within a State: The Failure of the Party and the Trade Union Movement to Bridge the Social Divides of the Weimar Republic"
5) Katherine Hallaran
6) Amanda Ingram - "Understanding the "Aubrac Affairs:" The Role of the Historian, the Resistant and the Media in the Representation of the French Resistance
7) Bari Kessler - "Occupied Women: Rape, Prostitution and the Reconstruction of Gender in Postwar Germany"
8) Micahel Milazzo - "The Temporary Emergency Relief Administration 1931-1937: New York State's Attempt At Welfare Relief"
9) Nicholas Roose - "Barnburners, Hunkers, and Free Soil: New York Politics of Antislavery, 1840-1848