Conference Calling General
Skidmore College Conference Calling Options
Option 1 –DigitalTelephoneConference Option
Instructions for initiating a conference callfrom any digital telephone on campus (max of five (5) additional callers to their private line to establish a conference call.:
- Initiate or receive a call.
- Once the parties are both on line - press the Conference key on your telephone set
(you will hear threebeeps followed by the dial tone).
- This action places the first party is on hold.
- Dial the number of party to be added (either on-campus or off-campus).
If the line is busy or not answered, press the line key on the phone once (same line you just put on hold) to get back to the call.
- When the call is answered, privately announce to this new attendee that they are being placed in the conference call.
- Press the Conference key again (joins all parties in call).
(Repeat the above steps to add up to five parties).
Option 2 - Reservation Style Conference Option
The Skidmore Conference Bridge has the capability of providing up to a total of sixteen (16) callers on one conference call. This option requires that our users submit a Skidmore Helpdesk ticket to allow for programming.
- Submit a helpdesk ticket at: https://www2.skidmore.edu/it/auth/login.cfm
- Please include all relevant information when submitting this request:
- Name of person placing call
- Date and Time (of requested conference call)
- Duration of call
- Number of expected callers
- Please indicate if any participants will be calling in on the toll-free number!
- Please allow 24 hours advance notice (Mon – Fri) to insure that this request may be completed in a timely manner.
- The person submitting the request will receive an email reply; once the conference call is scheduled, containing the instructions and telephone numbers for callers.
For assistance or more information please contact the Information Technology Telecommunications office at ext 5988.