Academic Affairs Computer Hardware/Software
Capital Request Process

Each fall, the Financial Planning and Budgeting Office conducts the Capital Budget Request project.  As part of that project, “Computer/Technical Enhancement” requests are considered.  However, unlike other Capital Budget Request categories, “Computer/Technical Enhancement” requests require a collaborative process between Academic Affairs and IT.  As a result, the process for these requests has created some confusion and, in some instances, duplication of requests.  The following information is provided in the hopes of clarifying the process and the logic behind that process.  In accordance with the procedures established by the Financial Planning and Budgeting Office, there are three basic categories for IT Systems and Equipment:

  • Desktop Computers and Shared Printers (under the Four-Year Replacement Plan).  Please note:  This is not a part of the department Capital Budget Request process and is, therefore, handled strictly through IT.
  • Major IT Systems and Equipment (Academic Affairs/IT Capital Budget request).
  • Minor IT Systems and Equipment (departmental Operating Budget request).

The details of this process are documented in Policies & Procedures section of the IT website. To read more about computer capital requests, please click here.

- Kathy Guay, Computer Depot Manager, User Services


Skidmore College · 815 North Broadway · Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
© 2006 Skidmore College