Minor Requirements and Restrictions
- Foundation Course (4 credits)
Choose 1 of 3:
- GO 209 - The Latin American Puzzle
- HI 111 - Latin American History, an Introduction
- FS 212 - Survey of Spanish American Literature
- Electives (minimum 10 credits)
- 3-4 courses
- Languages Across the Curriculum (1 credit)
- Senior Capstone (4 credits)
- Latin American Studies Colloquium (1 credit)
- Latin American Studies Senior Capstone (3 credits)
Completed by taking either LA 371, LA 372, or LA 399, or an approved course in an associated discipline or program
Total Credits required: 19-21
- No more than two courses taken in a single discipline (excluding the capstone), and/or the student's major.
- Only one course may be in Language (Literature courses offered by Foreign Languages do not count for this limit).
- At least two courses, including the Capstone, must be at the 300-level.
- Students must demonstrate above intermediate competency in at least one regional language and complete one Languages Across the Curriculum (LAC) course, ensuring the ability to consider sources of knowledge produced in the region. Competency may be demonstrated either by demonstrating intermediate competency by taking a test offered by FLL or successfully completing a FLL course at the level of 208 or above.
- Up to 1 course may have partial Latin American content.