Revised Fall 2011
1. GENERAL REGULATIONS
a. Recitals may be presented during the following times:
- Senior Recitals: Fridays at 8pm, Saturdays at 1pm, 4pm, or 8pm.
- Non-Senior Recitals: Thursdays at 8pm and Fridays at 4pm, 6pm. Non-senior recitals may be scheduled on Friday at 8pm, after the senior recital sign-up period.
- Recitals may be held in Helen Filene Ladd Concert Hall or ELM and, if available, other performing spaces on campus, such as the Payne Room at the Tang.
- Ensemble, faculty or guest artist concerts/lectures may be scheduled during these allocated times, but will be reserved before the semester begins.
- Seniors have until one week after senior recital auditions to reserve a date for their recital in the hall.
c. All recitals require an audition (see details in respective recital categories). Students must complete their portion of the Jury Evaluation Form and Jury Approval Form and present them to the jurors and accompanist.
d. Senior recital auditions require the presence of the Artists-in-Residence and any part-time or academic faculty who wish to attend. Non-senior recital auditions require the presence of at least two performance music faculty.
e. If the faculty approves the recital audition or project proposal, the student continues preparation for completion of the project in the spring semester.