|Order from Amazon|
Here is the latest CD cover of a new release of Anthony Holland's music....from Albany Records. This CD includes several of his most important works, including:
Concerto for Violin (@ 24 minutes) violin and orchestra
o I Allegro Gioioso
o II Adagio Lamentoso
o III Scherzo
- Concerto for Piccolo (@16 1/2 minutes) piccolo and chamber orchestra
- I Allegro Misterioso
- II Rhapsody Raccontando
- III Allegro Robusto
- Four New England Poems (@ 12 minutes) flute, doubling piccolo, percussion and narrator, premiered at the 1995 National Flute Convention
- I Thoreau: "Walden"
- II Emerson: "Nature"
- III Walt Whitman: "Leaves of Grass"
- Pohadka a Variace (@ 8minutes) duet for two violins
- Three Pieces for Solo Guitar (@ 10 minutes) Joel Brown, guitar
- I Pensativo
- II Echoes of a Master: Hommage a Segovia
- III Rapido y Intenso
- Intensity 51.5 for solo piano (@ 2 minutes) from Suite for Solo Piano, Pola Baytelman, piano
|THREE POEMS WITHOUT WORDS
Flute, Guitar & Cello
FIVE PREMIERES/ CHAMBER WORKS WITH GUITAR
Joel Brown, guitar, Jan Vinci, Flute, Ann Alton, Cello
Albany Records: TROY 086
|Order on Amazon
Best Composition for Flute Ensemble Award: James Madison University
SOUNDS AND COLORS
"Music of the James Madison University Flute Choir "
Carol Kniebusch Noe, Director
James Madison University Pressing #FC356
|Above are the front and back sides of a CD produced by Skidmore College: a combined concert of the Skidmore College Orchestra and Chorus in a performance of Mozart's Requiem on the occassion of the 200th Anniversary of Mozart's death & burial. It was a high water mark for these ensembles !|
|The above CD was produced by a number of Skidmore students and is a compilation of some of the best music ever performed at the college. It includes an excerpt from my composition "Three Poems Without Words" (flute, cello & guitar) as well as the final moments of a spectacular concert of Mendelssohn's "ELIJAH" performed by the Skidmore Orchestra and Chorus under my direction.