+1 (518) 580-5355
+1 (518) 580-5359
Off-Campus Study & Exchanges
815 North Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
OFFICE LOCATION & HOURS
Starbuck Center, 202
Monday - Friday,
8:30 AM - 12:00 Noon,
1:00 - 4:30 PM
Monday - Friday,
1:00 - 4:00 PM
Program Director Opportunities
Skidmore's First-Year Experience in London
Faculty directors will be responsible for:
- Designing the Scribner Seminar curriculum and all instructional materials, including detailed syllabi, a list of readings and other resource materials, and a detailed itinerary relating sites visited to the subject matters of the course(s) to be taught. The Seminar would benefit most from a strong connection to London or the United Kingdom, giving students the opportunity to utilize local resources to enhance their course work.
- Attending Admissions Accepted Candidates Days and other events to help promote the program to potential participants. Also, being available to talk to potential students and parents regarding the program during the acceptance and predeparture process.
- Working with IES London staff to locate and evaluate resources overseas that will serve to enhance the overall academic and cultural experience of the students and faculty member.
- Working with IES London staff to obtain accurate cost information on any expenses associated with field trips and/or special arrangements needed to ensure the utilization of local resources as associated with the curriculum (e.g., entrance fees, lecturing permits, etc.) and ensuring costs stay within IES’s budget parameters.
- Arriving in London at least two weeks before the official start of the program.
- Working with OCSE and the IES London staff to deliver academic and administrative portions of on-site program.
- Obtaining receipts and keeping accurate records of all program-related expenses incurred abroad.
- Reporting expenses to OCSE and Financial Services according to established procedures.
- Submitting a formal program assessment report to the Director of Off-Campus Study & Exchanges within thirty days of the end of the program.
- Working with OCSE and the Director of the First-Year Experience to develop and organize substantive re-entry activities for program participants upon return.
- Serving as advisor to the FYE London students upon returning to Skidmore spring semester.
The Office of Off-Campus Study & Exchanges will be responsible for:
- Working with Admissions to support their efforts throughout the application and acceptance process.
- Communicating with the faculty directors throughout the acceptance and pre-departure process.
- Working with the faculty directors regarding finances, including assisting with the tracking and reporting of expenses.
- Examining all aspects of students’ health and safety with respect to travel in general and the host location in particular.
- Assisting faculty with visa application instructions and/or other documents needed to lead the program overseas.
- Working with the faculty directors and IES London staff to deliver the on-site program.
- Working with the faculty directors and the Director of the First-Year Experience to develop and organize substantive re-entry activities for program participants upon return.
The IES London staff will be responsible for:
- Arranging the bulk of the curriculum and providing facilities for all courses.
- Arranging housing for participants.
- Assisting the faculty directors with on-site academic and extracurricular arrangements.
- Assisting the faculty directors with administration of the program on site.
- Advising the faculty directors as needed on matters pertaining to the site.