Unique Characteristics of Skidmore in China
- Courses taught in English, combined with intensive Mandarin language study
- Internship option for all four tracks
- Orientation and post-program seminars in Beijing and Shanghai respectively, allowing you to engage in both cities in substantive ways
- Comprehensive academic support, including Chinese peer tutors
- Superior on-site student support
- Housing with Chinese families or with Chinese students in residence hall
- Cultural activities in and around host city, plus an extended field trip
Skidmore's China program, offered during the FALL SEMESTER ONLY, offers students a variety of options - all of which allow them to engage in one of the world's most interesting and important societies. In China, students will discover a fascinating blend of ancient traditions and rapid modernizations. The Skidmore in China program offers two distinct academic tracks in Shanghai and two additional academic tracks in Beijing.
- Shanghai Business Studies
- Shanghai 21st Century China
- Beijing Language Studies
- Beijing Area Studies
All four options give students the chance to study Mandarin and contemporary issues in Chinese society.