+1 (518) 580-5355
+1 (518) 580-5359
Off-Campus Study & Exchanges
815 North Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
OFFICE LOCATION & HOURS
Starbuck Center, 202
Monday - Friday,
8:30 AM - 12:00 Noon,
1:00 - 4:30 PM
Monday - Friday,
1:00 - 4:00 PM
Preference will be given to students who meet the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- Successful completion of at least four semesters, or equivalent, of college-level French (Skidmore equivalency FF-203) NOTE: a higher level will be necessary for enrollment in selected Parisian university courses;
- Ability to demonstrate, through personal essay and recommendations, the level of maturity and self-motivation needed to succeed abroad.
If you do not meet the requirements above, you must petition to study abroad.
Customarily, students apply to study abroad in their junior-year. Students at other stages in their education must attend a mandatory advising session with an OCSE advisor. After this initial meeting students are required to:
- Submit a letter of faculty support (preferably from the instructor of the student’s Scribner Seminar or academic advisor, for Skidmore students).
- Submit a one page letter of intent explaining why they want to study abroad outside of the junior year. Students should indicate in the letter what their academic plans are for the remainder of their time at Skidmore or other home campus.
Please apply by the following deadlines:
- Fall semester / Academic Year: March 15
- Spring semester: October 15
Applications may be accepted after the listed deadlines on a case-by-case basis. Students must contact OCSE before submitting a late application.
|Click here to access the
Skidmore in Paris application
Skidmore students must meet with the Coordinator for Students with Disabilities in Student Academic Services before going away. The Coordinator can provide you with a statement of approved accommodations that would be granted at Skidmore during the time you will be in the foreign country. Feel free to discuss any disability-related questions related to study abroad with the Coordinator for Students with Disabilities. Students from other colleges/universities who apply to the Skidmore in Paris program should speak to the disabilities coordinator at their home campus.