Participants on the Arts & Business program will be charged a program fee
comparable to the Skidmore comprehensive fee. The fee will cover tuition abroad, room and board, on-site support and services, a local transportation pass, program excursions, and international medical insurance. You will be billed by Skidmore’s Bursar’s Office directly.
In addition to the program fee, we suggest students budget an extra $2,000 to $3,000 for personal expenses. Skidmore students participating in this program may apply their financial aid (except work study) to the costs of the program.
The program fee covers:
The program fee does not cover:
- Housing with an English-speaking French host family
- Meals (7 breakfasts and six dinners per week with your host family)
- Monthly meal stipend to cover meals not provided by host family
- Local transportation pass
- All program-sponsored excursions and activities in Paris and its surroundings
- International health insurance (required)
- Orientation sessions at Skidmore and in France
- Administrative services of the Skidmore staff in Saratoga Springs and in Paris
- Computers and internet access
- Round-trip airfare from to Paris
- Housing and meals before or after official program dates
- Books and supplies
- Personal expenses (including cell phone, home internet access, printing and photocopying charges)
More detail about program costs and billing can be found under Money Matters. Please contact OCSE if you have any questions.
Skidmore students participating in this program may apply most or all of their financial aid to the costs of the program, and should consult with the Financial Aid Office regarding any questions.
Non-Skidmore students are NOT eligible to receive financial aid through Skidmore and should check with the financial aid office at their home campus for more information.