Skidmore Club Fair
The first Friday of the fall semester has become synonymous with the Skidmore student club fair. More than 400 students attended and connected at this year’s event, which is geared particularly at giving first-year students the opportunity to learn about the new opportunities available to them.
Representatives of nearly 80 student clubs and organizations staffed tables, including:
- the Pre-Med Club, the European Union, and the International Student Union, which align with academic interests;
- the Hip Hop Alliance, Skidomedy, and the College’s five a capella groups, which encourage performance;
- Benef-Action, the Pride Alliance, and SNAC (Skidmore Nutrition Action Council), which promote activism and awareness;
- Skidmore News, SkidTV, and WSPN, which operate student media, and
- Outing, Cycling, Running and Sailing, which embrace exercise and take members into the great outdoors.
A few clubs present programs for the campus community, such as the popular Speakers Bureau, which sponsored the recent campus visit by New York Times crossword puzzle editor, Will Shortz, and the Student Entertainment Company (SEC), which is sponsoring the Oct. 7 concert by TV on the Radio.
Want to learn more about getting involved at Skidmore? Contact Alex Bland ‘12, vice president of club affairs.
Photos by Sam Brook ’12.
Click on a thumbnail to view larger image and scroll through entire gallery