CTM Photo Contest
The people and judges have spoken, and the results are in. Winners of the sixth annual Creative Thought Matters Photo Contest are as follows:
- People's Choice Award ($200): Joel Behrman '13 – “The All Nighter”
- Facebook Fan Favorite ($200): Joseph Murphy – “Stars over Van Lennep”
- Judges votes:
- First Place ($200): Gabe Weintraub '12 – “Skidmore in Molten Iron”
- Second Place ($150): Jessie Kavana '12 – “Create What Matters”
- Third Place ($100): Joel Behrman '13 – “The All Nighter”
A total of 52 entries were submitted this year, all meeting the new requirement: Entries had to include the word Skidmore, a Skidmore logo, the Thoroughbred logo, or the phrase Creative Thought Matters (CTM was acceptable), and illustrate the Skidmore experience.
In addition to the new theme, there was a new prize category: Facebook Fan Favorite.
People’s Choice was a vote by the Skidmore community, while Facebook Fan Favorite was the most “likes” registered on Skidmore’s Facebook Page. A team of staff judges chose the remaining winners.
Said Liz Katzman, College webmaster, “When we decided on the topic, I had an idea of what we would get. The Skidmore community took our challenge to include specific text and ran with it in many ways I did not expect. There's a lot of thought and talent demonstrated in our photos this year.”
Scroll through the Portfolio to view the winners and some of the entries.