Evaluation of a Proposal
The SDMS uses the following criteria to evaluate proposals:
- The student's academic qualifications
- The intellectual content of the proposed major
- The academic rigor of the proposed self-determined major as evidenced by its interdisciplinary nature, its recognition as a legitimate academic field, and its clearly defined final project synthesizing various courses to meet a clear academic goal
- The consistency of the proposed major with respect to the liberal arts and science goals of Skidmore College
- The feasibility of the program with respect to the College's faculty and course resources
The SDMS may approve the proposal as submitted, recommend or require changes or additional information, or reject the proposed major.